Anei ētahi tūranga hou ki Poihākena, Ahitereira.
Established in 1980 by the Costi family, Costi’s Fresh Seafood brings an amazing seafood experience directly to their customers delivering premium seafood products directly from our famous Fish stores in Sydney, Australia.
Costi Fresh is offering exciting and rewarding careers within their Sydney stores. If you are looking for a unique opportunity to gain hands-on experience in a bustling and vibrant workplace, and you are keen to develop your skills and knowledge in the seafood industry, check out the roles below and apply today.
Fish Shop Assistants (two positions available)
- Assist in the daily operations of the Sydney Fish Market, including fish preparation, cleaning, and sales
- Learn about the different types of seafood, sources, and preparation methods.
- Observe and learn from experienced fishmongers, chefs, and other industry professionals
- Assist in the management of inventory, including receiving and stocking products, tracking sales, and ordering supplies
- Provide excellent customer service
- Maintain a clean and safe work environment, following all safety and sanitation guidelines
The successful candidates will have:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Passion for the seafood industry and a desire to learn and grow
- Strong attention to detail and ability to follow instructions
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and multitask
- Excellent communication and customer service skills
- Willingness to work flexible hours, including early mornings, weekends, and holidays
- Hands-on training in a dynamic and exciting industry
- Opportunities for growth and advancement in the industry
- Access to fresh and high-quality seafood products
- A fun and supportive work environment
- Opportunity to live and work in Australia
Fish Filleters (multiple positions available)
- Fillet and prepare fish for distribution
- Maintain a clean and safe work environment
- Follow established health and safety procedures
- Ensure quality control of all fish products
- Work with other team members to meet production targets
- Communicate with supervisors to ensure smooth operations
- At least one year experience in fish filleting
- Strong knife skills and attention to detail
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Physically fit and able to lift heavy boxes
- Ability to work flexible hours, including weekends and holidays
- Strong communication and teamwork skills
- Understanding of health and safety procedures
The company will fully fund your accommodation. Accommodation will be provided in a comfortable and safe environment that meets all necessary health and safety requirements.
If you are passionate about seafood and eager to learn, we encourage you to apply for these roles.
Please send your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications close 5pm, Thursday 6 April, 2023.