Do you want to help deliver the Government’s aquaculture strategy while also making a positive difference for Māori, communities, and our natural environment?
The Ministry for Primary Industries (MPI) is advertising for two Aquaculture Analysts/Senior Aquaculture Analysts to join the Aquaculture Settlement and Operational Policy team.
These roles, connecting iwi and government, align strongly with the collaborative mahi between Ngā Iwi i Te Rohe o Te Waiariki, MPI and Te Ohu Kaimoana over the past two years.
About the role – Kōrero mō te tūranga
MPI is looking for someone who:
- Has experience in working with iwi; and/or
- Has experience with regulatory frameworks; and/or
- Excels at analytic thinking.
The Aquaculture Settlement and Operational Policy team consists of six members, including a manager, principal advisor, three senior aquaculture analysts and one aquaculture analyst.
The team is located primarily in Wellington and Nelson however, MPI will consider applicants based in key aquaculture growing regions where MPI has a regional office.
Likewise, both full and part time applications will be considered. Please state in your application your preferences on these matters.
Skills and Experience – Ngā Pūkenga me ngā Wheako
MPI will consider candidates with a range of backgrounds and qualifications, including, but not limited to, resource management, planning, science, law, business administration and economics. Applicants should also have:
- Proven ability to build relationships, find common ground and reach agreements, and engage effectively with a range of people, including iwi.
- Strong analytical skills and the capacity to quickly identify and clearly define an issue and how to respond appropriately.
- Proven ability to work on multiple projects or pieces of work at the same time and respond to changing circumstances.
Salary band is dependant on skills and experience:
Analyst – $59,124 to $91,681
Senior Analyst – $$77,652 to $124,570
Applications close 17 May 2022
About MPI – Mō te Manatū Ahu Matua
MPI’s work stretches all the way from the Beehive to the border. If you want a career where you help to grow and protect Aotearoa in a very real way, then this is it. The team is collegial, supportive and hard working. MPI has a strong focus on career pathways so will help you grow. MPI offers flexible hours and working arrangements based on your needs and commitments.