Kia ora koutou,
We have an exciting position available within our organisation! We’re on the lookout for a new full-time Seafood Manager to become a part of our vibrant and expanding team in Rotorua.
Nau mai haramai – have a read below and contact firstname.lastname@example.org 5pm, 29 March 2021 to apply or for a copy of the job description.
Seafood Manager Position
Ka Pu Te Ruha, Ka Hao Te Rangatahi
(The old net is cast aside, and the new net goes fishing)
COVID-19 is changing everything – consumer tastes are changing and change is happening at an unprecedented rate.
Te Arawa Fisheries Group is responding to these changes, building a world-class intergenerational business engaging science and research to create new and innovative products targeting both domestic and international consumers. We are constantly mindful of consumers sustainability concerns and use our culture to define our organisation.
This is a one-of-a-kind opportunity for a self-starter to become a part of a vibrant and expanding team.
Support the Chief Executive in the management of the Group’s Fisheries and Seafood assets with a strong focus on driving up sales across the Group while managing costs in line with the organisation’s Ka Pu Te Ruha, Ka Hao Te Rangatahi Growth Strategy.
– Lead and grow successful retail business including the development of online channels.
– Support the development of Group brand(s) and raise brand awareness.
– Achieve marketing and sales operational objectives by contributing marketing and sales information and recommendations to strategic plans and reviews, preparing and completing action plans.
– Implementing production, productivity, quality, and customer-service standards; resolving problems; completing audits; identifying trends; determining system improvements; implementing change.
– Meet marketing and sales financial objectives by forecasting requirements; preparing an annual budget; scheduling expenditures; analysing variances; initiating corrective actions.
The successful applicant will bring:
– High level of interpersonal and presentation skills.
– Ability to capitalise on sales opportunities and achieve set revenue/sales targets.
– Strong relationship management skills across internal and external stakeholders.
– Experience working in a fast paced, high pressure, changing environment.
– Proven ability to develop and review systems for operational efficiency and control.
– Persuasive, analytical, and motivational skills.
– Strong communication skills (spoken and written) in English and Te reo Māori.
You are a commercially astute, tactical leader who has proven and applied robust performance management frameworks. You can influence and manage business partnerships at a senior level and lead high performing teams.
Preferably you will have at five plus years practical experience with a degree in commerce, sales, marketing, logistics and/or business. You must have a strong passion for working with iwi, a knowledge of Te Reo Māori and bring an understanding of the identity, branding and marketing mix of the business as a local iwi owned group. Ideally you will have skills and experience in the food sector with an enthusiasm for kaimoana (seafood).
This is a great opportunity to make a difference within the organisation and get exposure to various aspects of the business both locally and internationally.
Applicants for this position should have NZ residency or a valid NZ work permit.
How to apply:
Contact Ashlyn Clarricoats at Personnel Resources on (07) 348 2424 for a full job description. Send your covering letter and CV to email@example.com or apply online at www.personnelresources.co.nz – CONFIDENTIALITY ASSURED
Applications close: 29.03.21.